I am lucky in that I have tons of extremely creative and passionate clients, they all love what they do and are all so knowledgable in their products. Most recently, I got to sit down with my friend, Jessica, from Essential Warmth to talk about her all natural candles and then benefits of essential oils in the home. (I also left with some amazing candles!)
Q. What makes your candles so special?
Essential Warmth candles are made with all natural soy wax, made from soy bean oils. They are 100% natural and I infuse them with essential oils. The essential oils are much healthier for you and come with a ton of health and wellness benefits. They also come without all the chemicals that are typically added to mass produced candles.
Q. Who benefits most from having essential oils in the home?
So many people do much better with essential oils as opposed to traditional home fragrance products. Our candles are much better when it comes to air quality and work wonderfully for people with sensitivities to fragrance, allergies or asthma. They are also great if you have pets because they aren’t as harmful!
Q. Why did you start making candles?
I love candles, I have one burning almost everyday. But I have always been worried about what I’m breathing in. Especially because I have dogs and I know it’s not great for them. I would get frustrated not knowing what ingredients are in the candles that I was buying and none of them state the ingredients on the candles. So I decided I wanted to make something as natural as possible. It really just started as a hobby that grew into a passion for healthier home scents for my family.
Q. What kind of scents does Essential Warmth Carry?
We carry all kinds of scents and can do custom ones with advance notice and a minimum order. Some of our best sellers are:
- Lavender: Helpful for relaxation, recovery and improves mood.
- Tea Tree: Known as the healer. Helps to fight infection and kills bacteria in the air.
- Citrus: Uplift your mood with the refreshing scents of lemon, lime, sweet orange and pink grapefruit.
- Sweet Orange: Pure orange is uplifting and stimulating. Helps to brighten your mood and energize your body.
- Lemon & Lime: This wonderful citrus blend helps to energize your body and mind. Creates an uplifting feeling sure to brighten your mood.
- Wintergreen: This minty scent is stimulating and sure to be refreshing.
- Peppermint: This minty scent is refreshing and sure to give your body a boost of energy.
- Pink Grapefruit: This citrus scent is very uplifting and refreshing. This warming scent is sure to clear your mind and energize your body.
- Eucalyptus: Helpful to clear the respiratory system, promotes relaxation and cleanses the air.
- Eucalyptus & Tea Tree: The healer of body and mind. Very good air purifier.
One of my favourite parts of working with Jessica was her vision for her business. Jessica works for a wedding decor company as well as running her side hustle, and in the wedding business, image matters! So when she was looking to get her logo made, she had a great idea of what she was hunting for already in her head. This type of creativity and passion is why I love what I do! After some initial concept conversations and colour picking, we came up with a brand that was as crisp and clean as her candles!
While I have young children and a husband with asthma, candle fragrance is always a concern in our home, and it was very relieving to be able to burn a candle and not be concerned with what they were breathing. I have been burning my eucalyptus one for days and it hasn't bugged my husbands asthma or my sons stuffy nose. I would also like to say that NOTHING clears out a cold like a burning eucalyptus candle, and nothing is as fun as a sweet orange one (burning both at the same time is not recommended though lol)